ELDER ABUSE AWARENESS
Recognising, Responding and Preventing Elder Abuse
Preventing and responding to Elder Abuse is everyone’s responsibility. Elder Abuse can be difficult to navigate. The situation can be unclear and most often involves people the older person is close to. Here you will find information about elder abuse to help you recognise it, raise it and refer for help.
Taking Action on Elder Abuse
- Taking Action on elder abuse
- Top tips to avoid financial elder abuse
- Don’t cross the line
- Be aware of financial elder abuse
- Stand up to financial elder abuse
- Respect the desire for older people to remain in control of their finances
Resources for responding to financial elder abuse have been developed by Griffith University, in response to research into the Risk Factors Associated with Elder Financial Abuse. Read the full report here.